Your Friend at The Beach loves planning truly memorable family reunions on the beautiful Emerald Coast. I come from a large family and I’ve just been tapped to plan a reunion for my own family. So I thought I’d share my best insider tips on planning the best family beach reunion.
1. How am I going to feed all these people?
Your Friend at the Beach offers a grocery service. You can just send your list and arrive at your gulf front condo to find the beverages chilled and your pantry stocked. You can skip the long lines at the grocery store and head straight to our sugar-white, sand beaches.
2. Want to have dinner out? Check out our free “YFAB” app to discover our favorite seafood restaurants. YFAB answers the question “who has the best crab cake and where can I get fresh caught grouper!”
• Do you prefer to dine in your luxury Gulf-front condo? You can order delicious meals from Wendy’s Kitchen or Marie’s Bistro. Enjoy the warmth of our sugar-white sands and escape the heat of the kitchen. Return to your luxury gulf-front condo to find dinner on the table.
• Feel Like take-out? You can order fresh caught Gulf shrimp steamed and ready to eat from Goatfeather’s Seafood Market. Just call ahead to be sure it is ready – this is a popular take out item for families vacationing on the Gulf of Mexico.
• Celebrating a birthday or anniversary? Why not splurge on a chef in your own beach-front condo? YFAB can recommend a chef who will prepare delicious meals from cooking to clean up.
3. Let’s capture this moment in time.
We are blessed to have my mother-in-law with us at 93 years young. Since all of her seven children and spouses will be here; I’ve chosen Ryan Manthey ofPure 7 Studios to do a family beach photograph. The Destin area has many talented photographers- the best are on our app.
4. How to keep the fishermen in the family happy?
Destin is known as the “Luckiest Fishing Village” so we have reserved a fishing charter with one of our favorite fishing captains. We’re looking forward to enjoying our fresh-caught catch on the gas grills at our condos.
5. How about shopping?
While we plan to spend many hours enjoying the beach chairs and warm gulf water; the nearby specialty boutiques like Boca’s and the premium shopping outlet, Silver Sands, call to us when we need a break from the sun. When we visit the outlets, we always stop at the green customer service kiosk to pick up a coupon book ¬– free to those of us with AAA and AARP cards. The coupon book not only provides hundreds of dollars in coupons but also highlights special sales. Here’s hoping we have a day of rain to send us shopping!
6. But what about…? Our large family has many special requests – but special requests are my specialty as Your Friend at the Beach! We are welcoming a new grandbaby and Crib Connection is delivering a crib to the spacious condo. A beach wheelchair is already lined up for Nanny as they get booked up quickly.
Are you overwhelmed by all the scheduling and special requests? Call Your Friend at the Beach to help you plan the perfect family reunion at the beach.