Are you headed to Destin or 30A for Labor Day weekend? Now what? Hit the beach of course, but what else is there to do on 30A and in Destin? As your concierge at the beach, this is my specialty – telling our guests what we locals like to do at the beach!
Whether you are staying at our gulf front condos at Adagio, San Remo or Villa Coyaba, there is fun for every age! Here are three fun activities that you can take your family to over Labor Day weekend.
1. Family Adventures
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf is fun for the entire family! Zip line across the lagoon or test your balance on the ropes course at the Adventure Zone. Stop in for some pizza at Roberto’s Pizza and end the night at the arcade.
- Harborwalk Village in Destin will celebrate Labor Day with live music and fireworks over the Destin Harbor, music starts nightly Saturday and Sunday. Fireworks to follow at 9 p.m. on Sunday followed with a fire-spinning performance by Just Add Fire.
- The Baytowne Art Walk is on September 1st – 3rd from 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. and is a FREE event. Stroll the Village streets of Baytowne in nearby Sandestin as you browse a variety of artwork from regional and local artists. Live music will be on the events stage in the middle of it all each night. A weekend filled with art is good for the soul.
Labor Day weekend is full of music!
- Arnett’s Farmhouse: Featuring; John Riggins, on Friday starting at 7:00PM. Farmhouse Friday Concert is a series of live music performances in the air-conditioned indoor venue “The Tack Room.” A rustic, intimate live music space on a 20-acre horse farm located just one mile from the beach on Hwy 393 in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.
- Seaside Amphitheater is the place for a free concert with Great Peacock – a country folk band from Nashville on Saturday, September 2 at 7p.m.! Grab your blankets and low back chairs and head to the Amphitheater for a fun night filled with music. Come out early, grab a cold drink and make sure you get a good spot on the lawn! Our guests at Adagio can use the two bikes we provide them and enjoy the scenic bike trail to Seaside, it is about a 4-mile ride or check out the Sunshine Trolley – it provides free trolley rides up and down 30A.
- Gulf Place in Santa Rosa Beach has another free concert, Kickstand Jenny on Sunday. Contrary to their name – Kickstand Jenny – they are four musicians whose playlist include Van Halen to Bruno Mars back to Aerosmith and Journey. The Concert is from 5:00 – 8:00pm and is free and open to the public. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs and blankets to enjoy the concert on the amphitheater lawn. Gulf Place is walking distance for our guests at San Remo
- Finally, Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam, just a short drive away in Panama City Beach. Expect to see a lot of locals as we will be attending the Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam is Panama City Beach. Panama City is about 45 minutes away from our Adagio guests. Kicking off on Friday night and ending on Sunday, a 3-day pass is just $169 to see some of your favorite country artists. To mention just a few: Jason Aldean, Little Big Town and my favorite Luke Bryan!
As your Concierge at the Beach, I will be updating our free app YFAB with all the above events and more. Make sure to “like” us on Facebook for more exciting things going on in the area and special condo rates!